I would like to say...
Ekaabo!
Welcome!
Tervetuloa!
Witamy!
Bienvenue!

17 December 2010

The world converge in Katowice :)

Imagine a world of many cultures but one language, a world of many possibilities but one choice, a world of different traditions but one voice, a world of sharing, a world of friendship, a world of millions of smiles... In this world I have been and experienced. 

There is a saying; "you save the best for the last"... Truly the global village event was one of it's kind. The event was planned in a way that every student would have to represent his or her country in this gathering. As you may know I'm a Nigerian but I live and study in Finland, therefore I had a decision to make whether to represent my country of origin or the country that provided me with the opportunity of being where I am today.

After a few consideration I decided to represent both countries at this event in a unique way. I went into the global village gathering feeling so happy dressed in my traditional attire and also made an attractive Finnish decoration at my table.


Me and my French buddies :)
      


Giving a short introduction :)



Ps. The real Santa is from Finland ;)


The atmosphere of this evening was spectacular and filled with endless joy in our hearts. There were lots of food, drinks, snacks and entertainment from different parts of the world that was shared under one umbrella of global love and unity.;)
   

Shared culture ;)

Have a taste of some Turkish food right from Katowice :)


4 continents gathered together in harmony <3



This evening would remain in my heart for a very long time because it stood out amongst all other event that was organised by the Uni. Out of a scale of 1-10, I would rate this event 10+ :). And generally in my opinion the organisation of the whole integration week event was excellent. Less I forget I haven't told you guys about one common thing about the integration week, take a pause and try to guess what it was...

Ok, so please if you are unable to figure out the missing puzzle just simply watch out for my next post. ;)

 

2 comments:

  1. I saw U yesterday behind the University... I like U! ;)
    Man... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! :)

    or rather...

    Dziekuje bardzo! :)

    ReplyDelete