I would like to say...
Ekaabo!
Welcome!
Tervetuloa!
Witamy!
Bienvenue!

18 January 2011

Erasmus Peacekeeping Mission



Kayo as a young boy used to admire the camouflage outfit, strength, power and courage of a Soldier. As a little child I watched quite many films where a soldier would single handedly rescue a loved one from the hands of the antagonist. It thrills me to see the courage in his eyes when embarking on such mission and the highly intelligent preparation being made.

I am sure you guys understand what I'm writing about here...Seeing the Soldier drawing up plans, cleaning and preparing his rifle, marking his face with paints and many more. For example such film is the legendary "Commando".

After many years little did I know that I will be part of such "Rescue Mission". I and other exchange students had the opportunity to enjoy a very interesting Paintball game. Firstly, the game started out with the distribution of military uniforms and the helmet. 

  


Well, after getting the uniform it was time for a distribution of weapons but first we had to go through few minutes of orientation on how to handle and use the weapon. And most importantly the rules guiding the firing of weapon.  After which we were shared into two teams; red and green. I was on the red team.


Red Zone Team

The game started up right with the building of a camp base at the middle of a forest which was also known as the secured base. At the base we had our mission assigned to us and also we had to draw up an attack/defence strategy.


Secured base building process ;)
The game was painfully interesting and it lasted till dusk. I said "painfully" because the shots fired from the guns stung for couple of minutes. Nevertheless, the team was very much eager to accomplish the mission. At the end of the game we laid down our weapons, no one got hurt, mission was accomplished and peace reigned. 


Or maybe not! :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment