I would like to say...
Ekaabo!
Welcome!
Tervetuloa!
Witamy!
Bienvenue!

4 January 2011

Ps. The classroom side of my Erasmus

Have you been wondering if I am here for studies or simply for social reasons? Well, frankly speaking I am here for both :D. But personally being on an exchange programme isn't all about travelling, making friends, partying, partying and partying. But most importantly gaining more knowledge of everything I see, feel, smell and hear around me.

I signed up for eight courses that will give me a total of 29 credit points, enough for one semester. And most importantly all the courses are very relevant in my field of study which is international business. 

Studying at my host... Ok, lets digress a little bit :). I have come to understand a fact in Poland that when a student says "I am studying..." the person is actually seen as someone who is in Uni for party purposes and a fun seeker. But if you say "I am learning..." then you are truly seen as a responsible University student.


Therefore I would say learning at my host University is quite different from my home University in Finland. Well, this difference aren't negative ones but they are simply positive in respect to course schedules, course division, teaching method and a few others.

A very significant difference is the course schedule which is being divided into two different weeks; week A and week B. These weeks are scheduled to go in a cycle of one after the other in which some courses may appear on both weeks while others will appear just in one. 

I like this because my selected courses are not just concentrated in a single week. In addition there is time to have some leisure activities such as swimming, playing table tennis and many more. For instance, on my schedule for week A's I start my weekends from Thursday evening (super :D) because I have no classes or lectures on Fridays ;).

Speaking about classes or lectures, which is a new form of course division for me. Here at the University, most courses are been divided into two parts; classes and lectures. The classes attendance is obligatory while the attendance for lectures are optional. 

My classroom experience has been very educative and sometimes entertaining but still not all of them meet my expectations. Nevertheless, I find most of my courses here very interesting. 

2 comments:

  1. HEY!
    when i said "I am studying..." last time i am sure i didnt mean: "WOHOOO PARTY!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I understood you quite well because I am simply not a Pole :).

    ReplyDelete